Monday, May 08, 2006

Party tricks and odd dreams

Well, only two final exams left and good riddance to this semester. I picked linguistics as my major last semester and hated it but it's growing on me. Why? Because I can fake a great Swedish accent now! Isn't that what every mother dreams for their child, being able to fake a Swedish accent? All that phonology really comes in handy. Don't laugh. Linguists make good money in Hollywood teaching actors foreign accents for movie roles. (Hollywood movie "New World"). There's a job they didn't tell you about in high school.

Not only do I have a great party trick that'll bore my guests to sleep, I can also figure out why AOB pronounce words as they do. You know, "eyes" pronounced as "ice" and "consequence" as "conseqvence". Fascinating informa..zzzzzzzz.

Speaking of sleep, I had a dream last night that a friend was going to interview Roxette but he fell asleep and didn't make it to the interview in time. So, I had to interview them. But, I didn't know it until they arrived at my house. My house was not so tidy and the interview room was full of AOB posters. No Roxette merchandise to be found anywhere. Anyway, I interviewed them and didn't record it or write down any answers. They left and my friend asked me for the interview info and I couldn't even remember anything I asked them. Maybe that means I should lay off the Swedish music for a day or two. NAHHHH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home