Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Jakob and his brilliance

Granted, this doesn't really have anything to do with AOB but I have to say that Jakob Petrén's piano playing is brilliant! I'm uploading the Lärjungagården concert that took place in October 2004.

AceIsland.de is going to host the files! But, I was listening to file #3 and the majority of that file is Jakob playing the piano. He plays a song and the piece is from a musical about a man who knows he's going to die shortly. The song he plays is incredibly layered with emotion and deep contemplation. You can feel the man's pain, joy, sorrow, doubt, hope, despair... It's so complex, I just have to rave about it.

Jakob's skill wows me everytime I hear it. I told him at Hunnebostrand that his piano playing was incredible and asked him how long he had been playing. He said that he'd been playing ever since he was in his mother's womb, and made a gesture like he was playing a tiny piano. Cute. He went on to say he'd been playing since he was 4 years old. So check out that piece from the Lärjungagården concert when it shows up on AceIsland.de. It's part #3. Don't miss it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home