Monday, April 10, 2006

Calgon take me away...

I'm drowning in assignments! So begin the final weeks of my school semester...

Escapism. Yes, please. Ever notice how many AOB songs refer to that? Maybe the theme is just as common as love themes in the AOB song catalogue. Who knows. I don't have time to count them.

The Da Capo album is the magnum opus when it comes to Escapism -

"I believe in there's a world down under..."
"But you can't hear me in your dream. You're living in a dreamer's dream"
"Hiding away, running from reality. Who am I? Am I an actor in this game?"
"Try to forget what you're going through."

The album is laced with it. Decide yourself what that means and where it fits into the picture. DC also carries a heavy dose of yearning in both music and lyrics. It's more 'bitter' in a way I can't put my finger on.

Maybe I'll elaborate on those 'Da Capo themes' in a later post. For now, sleep calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home