Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Is vs. Are

A post that's going to shock the world and is of great importance! In the spirit of the hilarious "Ace of Base" vs. "Ace Of Base" debate that went on in Acerdom, I have another debate we can begin. If I wanted to say that AOB will perform, would it be "AOB is going to perform" or "AOB are going to perform"? I know American English rules specify "is", but I believe British English rules specify "are". I use both "is" and "are" and blend them at times but, I suppose, for the sake of continuity, I should use only one, but which one? Hmm... I told you it would be shocking and of great importance! ;o)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK when I talk about the band as an unity I mostly use is .... like the band is doing that or aob is doing that. If I want to put an emphasize on the several bandmembers I use are like Jenny, Jonas, Linn and Ulf are playing live LOL I know this sentence is very absurd but still =P Hope you get my point anyway.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I use both :P, To me english is a foreigner languaje and sometimes I am a mess with it LOL. In spanish you can use both ways anyway, and it is correct. I think it is the same in english.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home